- brisket seasoning, pepper, light salt, smoked paprika, Sumac,
- Preheated the smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Seasoned the tri tip on all sides and placed in the smoker. Smoked until the internal temperature reads 133 for a medium roast.
- When your tri tip is near the correct internal temperature, preheat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Remove your tri tip from the smoker.
- Put 1/2 stick of butter into the cast iron skillet and let it melt. Drop in the sprig of rosemary and then place the tri tip into the sizzling butter. With all of the same seasonings. Seared the tri tip for 2-3 minutes per side, spooning the butter and rosemary over the steak as it cooks.
- Pulled it out of the pan and let it rest for about 40 minutes in the microwave (not turned on of course), then sliced it. before slicing against the grain and serving. The grain changes in a tri tip, so I always start at the smallest point end and angle my knife as needed to keep my slices going against the grain.
See here for final product.
inspired by recipe here: https://www.atbbq.com/thesauce/smoked-roast-beef/