Cook Chart: https://share.fireboard.io/F9F769#drive=0
- seasoned both sides of the meat
- 5.7 lbs brisket
- 3.4 lbs sirloin roast tip
- Smoker temp 250, took about 8.5 hours total
- Pulled the brats out after a couple hours, put them in a pan of beer and a cut up onion
- Internal temp for thermometers Max 154 (target)
- Cooked to internal temp of 147, then wrapped in butcher paper and put in a pan, instead of foil.
- Pulled out the brisket at 195, let it rest for 30 minutes
- Pulled the roast out at 165, let it rest in the cooler for an hour
- Pulled the brats out after about 4 hours and put them in a crock pot on low heat
- Give myself more time for the smoke. I started the smoke at 9:30 am, I should have started at 6:00 AM, that would have given me plenty of time. The pause lasted a lot longer than I expected, had to adjust the temp to 260 due to concerns about being done in time. Turning up the heat is suboptimal.
- Overall the feedback was very positive from the guests. The brats were a real hit!
One thought on “Brisket, Beef Sirloin Roast, Brats, Roasted Brussels Sprouts”
I usually let my brisket get up to 203-205. The last few degrees can really make a difference on overall tenderness of the meat.
LikeLiked by 1 person